"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Sunday 13 May 2018

20-Minute Dash


I’ve set the timer for 20 minutes, and that’s all I’m going to do – 20 minutes of random writing.
Today was a very productive day. I told myself I’d be up before 8am, and I was. I told myself I’d be in bed by 10:30pm, and I was. Between those hours I was hellishly busy, but now I’m winding down, by writing in bed.

It’s funny, this urge to write. Sometimes, there’s a particular thing I want to write about, but tonight’s not one of those – I just feel like ending my day, rounding off my weekend, by writing.

Today I made my first pot of soup for this winter, and I haven’t even had a bowl yet. I also made dahl curry, which I definitely ate. I also made time to cook something for tomorrow’s lunch, for my daughter and me. Now that we don’t eat bread, I generally take some kind of protein and a salad, some fresh fruit, and some nuts and seeds. Everything’s ready for me to just pack into my lunch bag tomorrow morning.

Today marked the end of Week 18 of healthy eating, so it was also ‘’Weigh Day’’. Although my weight loss is slowing down, I’m still losing, so my focus and discipline are paying off. I managed to lose half a kilo in the last fortnight, and I’m more motivated than ever. I started out at 84,7kg (8 January) and I’m down to 73,2kg, having lost a total of 11,5kg. I am 4,2kg from my goal. 

I have also started re-reading The Artist’s Way (by Julia Cameron). I’m feeling so good about having changed my eating habits, that I’m ready for my next big challenge.

Hmmmm….. I wonder what it will be?

In closing, I want to say that I have a few friends whom I don’t see often, but when we do connect, they tell me they read my blog. Sometimes I even get asked why I take so long between blog posts, and told that it’s time for the next one! Haha! 

I’m happy that people read my blog. Sometimes I actually have something to write about. ๐Ÿ˜Š

The interesting thing is, I started this blog in 2009, and I have only 16 followers. ๐Ÿ˜Š Fortunately, I’m able to check the stats, and am satisfied that many more than 16 people read my posts.

Ok, so that’s it. Nothing major, but I did say it would be just a random 20-minute post.

Can you guess what that next challenge will be that I’ll tackle while  going through my second journey through The Artist’s Way? ๐Ÿ˜‰

           Today was Day 196 of writing Daily Pages, a habit that gives me great balance & focus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.