"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Friday 20 November 2009

More Than Words



A few weeks ago, Rafiek Mammon (journalist, editor of The Next 48 Hours, playwright, radio presenter, etc.) came to the Food Lover's Market to review our duo, and today it's finally in the paper (Cape Times supplement, Top Of The Times). Yay! I've attached the pic they used for the article. I'm sorry Rafiek's camera lost all the really cool pics of the duo, but this one was taken at home by my 10-yr-old daughter, Summer. This is a child with a great eye for photography, and she definitely needs her own camera.

Just because I'm feeling so proud of both my rooikoppies today, I've also attached one of the three of us, taken at home in June this year. First time I've put them on my blog. Nick is 14, and Summer is 10 (11 in 3 sleeps!). I know it's redundant for a parent to say this, but I love these two more than I can put into words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.