"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Sunday 9 May 2010

Observer status

Written 09/05/10

Somewhere along the line, when we're growing up, we get taught, directly or indirectly, to spend a lot of our time pleasing people. Pleasing people is good, it has its place for sure, but when you do that at the expense of yourself, it's not good.

I've had a very interesting weekend. I was in two social settings where I observed people and found a lot to reflect on. At the gig last night, I had occasion to see a side of someone that took me by surprise. Faced with the same set of circumstances, I confirmed that what I allege about myself is true. Sorry to be so cryptic - I need to write, but can't give too much detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.