"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Wednesday 18 July 2012

Mommy Bloggers

Written 02 July 2012

Another busy day, but unlike any other day in many respects. My first thoughts, on waking, were of my mom, and I think that’s going to be with me for a while. Day 1 with mom living a few suburbs away. Very different energy without her close by. So it was a new day, a new month and a whole new phase for us all. Filled my car’s boot and backseat with recycling and other things, and took a drive to the dump. Always feels good to do that kind of thing, especially when it means I’m creating space at home.

So, as I promised myself, I sorted out the lounge to the point where I can comfortably have my lessons there tomorrow. My students will be surprised to see the piano! As a child, I got used to having a piano around, and I also had one in the house when I was married, and now I realise how having a piano in the house makes it feel “right”, somehow – like a home.

Just watched the movie, “Legends of the Fall”, with Brad Pitt and Anthony Hopkins. I have seen it probably eight times by now, and I never tire of it; it’s a strong story, with strong actors, and the setting is spectacular. I find the characters convincing and the many twists and turns in the story dramatic, but highly credible, even true to life.

I cut my left hand on a piece of broken glass, today, and this evening, when I picked up my guitar to play, I realised the cut was on a part of my hand that made contact with the guitar. Ouch! Also, I’ll have to get myself some rubber gloves for the laundry. I’m normally very careful with my hands, but today this pointed piece of broken glass took me by surprise, piercing my skin before I’d seen it.

Almost 2a.m. Can’t sleep. I should try winding down now. Early rise tomorrow, for English tutoring session.

********************************************************************************
I recently heard the term, “mommy bloggers”, and I wondered if I fell into that category. What is a mommy blogger? And why does it sound so deprecating? Are mommy bloggers less “legit”?!

All of a sudden, I’m extremely tired. Yawwwwwn!

****************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.