"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Monday 25 April 2016

Word for the day

Last week, I started a new practice, actually a bit of a mind game, to help myself get through my days with a greater sense of focus, authenticity, personal power and inner peace. It's called "Word for the day". While the title may not be unique, my application of it may be a little different to what you've encountered before.

And here's how it works:
On waking, I ask the universe to send me a word. It's hard to explain, especially to cynics, but I don't choose the word - it seems to choose me. Within seconds, a single word becomes crystal clear in my mind. I accept it as my word for the day, and as something that I will allow to manifest and guide me in any way. 

What happens is thathe word somehow enters my conscious mind whenever I'm not busy concentrating on something else. I spend a minute contemplating it, considering its relevance in my life, and then I go back to what I was doing - but with a lot more focus, as well as confidence

What's happened on most days is that I've had a situation where I've needed to make a decision, and each time the word has offered me the perfect direction/solution. It's also something I could easily spend my whole lunch break contemplating. As a loner and a word nerd, this suits me perfectly.

My word for today was "discipline". As soon as I realised it, I tried to change ito something easier, like "peace", but it wouldn't go away - it stayed there, like an unwelcome visitor who's too thick-skinned to pick up on any of the cues that you'd like him to leave. During the day, however, I understood fully why it was the perfect word for today.

Other words that have presented themselves to me, since I started, are: success, health, balance, life, and music.

I like this game. I think I'll play it for a while. Maybe it will evolve. Hmmm....


Oh, and on the topic of thinking, check out my alter-ego, Garfield. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.