"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Wednesday 20 September 2017

An evening set aside for writing

It’s amazing to me how difficult it is to just zone out and focus on myself, do something that makes me happy. Like right now, I have a rare evening to myself, I didn’t bring home any work, and I’d set aside precious, precious time to blog, but ……... someone is talking to me on the phone.

In order to write, I need to be alone. I am. I need silence. I don’t have it, despite all my carefully laid plans. And I need to be in a certain headspace. I was, but now I’m not. Like I’ve said so often, I think about writing every day, but because it’s hard to achieve my ideal writing conditions, I end up writing a complete post far less often than I’d like to.

 Ok……. more than half an hour later…..and now my spirit is so disturbed, I can’t write.

But I’ll post the blog. Because that was what I wanted to achieve tonight. FFS!




So if you've ever wondered why I post so infrequently, now you know. This is also part of my life. It can get really frustrating to crave time out to do something you love and to have it taken away from you, over and over again, because other people's needs always come before your own.  

Only I can change this. I need to brush up on how I articulate my boundaries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.