"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Friday 10 November 2017

Multi-Me

I think one lifetime is way too short to do all the things I'd like to do. There are so many sides of me that yearn for expression, for outlet. Sitting at a desk for almost 8 hours a day not only uses up very little of my body's movement capacity, but also uses up very little of my skill set.

My restless spirit yearns for a smorgasbord of multi-sensory experiences - colour, texture, taste, sound, ........

My dream job is actually a few jobs:
1. Music (performing, composing, recording, collaborating, teaching, running a school, etc.)
2. Writing
3. Radio presenting
4. Public speaking
5. Travelling (Added this point a few days later!)

The key ingredient for when I thrive is when I have autonomy.

Ain't that the truth, Ruth?

Singing at my weekly gig at Sabria's Restaurant. Oct 2017

Singing at Habanero's, Kalk Bay, in 2005/6. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.