"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Wednesday 3 January 2018

When ignorance is NOT bliss

Don’t ask someone suffering from Alzheimer’s Disease a string of questions, like you’re quizzing them, and then look pleased with yourself when they answer one or two correctly. It’s not about you. Would you ask a quadriplegic: "Can you lift your left arm? And your right arm? And your left leg? Ok, and your right one?"

And don’t say, when the person replies, in response to your questions, that she has forgotten all about the family history, “Oh?! But you just told me all of that information a few minutes ago!” as though you’ve won some kind of competition.

You don’t understand the condition, you have no idea how your response humiliates the person, and you should rather shut the f**k up, go and read up about the condition, and THEN try, the next time you see the person, to behave like a decent, compassionate human being!


I can fully understand why families might not want to take a loved one with Alzheimer’s into a social setting. 

                              **************************************************

This link shows a concise explanation, in animated form, of what Alzheimer's Disease is:




No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.