"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Tuesday 6 March 2018

My Journey Back To Trudy - Day 58

I'm going to try to type, edit and upload a whole blog post in 20 minutes! Haha! Wish me luck!

I want to write a quick update on my Journey Back To Trudy, which I began on 8 Jan 2018. On Sunday 4 March, I got onto the scale for my fortnightly weigh-in, and found that I had lost another 1,2kg, bringing my total weight loss thus far to 8,3kg. I have quite a bit to go before reaching my goal, but I've happily reached the point where the no. of kilos I've lost exceeds the no. I've yet to lose. And that's really cool! I am so chuffed!

So the journey continues. I feel like all the weight I gained in the last 24 years is symbolic of the clutter and chaos I took on in my adult life, both of which serve no purpose in my life; in fact, I have no interest in taking them along on the rest of my life's journey! I'm fascinated by how decisively changing one area of one's life brings about significant shifts in other  areas. I will expand when I find the time and courage to. The most important thing is, they're all good. Life feels good, and it's because I've taken back control and no longer feel at the mercy of things, including my appetite.

The tools I've chosen, for this Journey Back To Trudy, are:
1. Eating a healthy, low-carb and no-sugar diet
2. Drinking lots of water
3. Exercising regularly (dancing)
4. Doing the mental and spiritual work necessary to support my focussed, purpose-driven lifestyle
5. Writing about my journey - both in my personal journal and on my blog (I think Facebook has heard enough of me and this topic for a while. :-) )
6. Enjoying the journey itself - each and every day of my life.

The past eight weeks have been both liberating end empowering. And you know what's the best part? You start to see a lot more possibilities in life than you did before. You think: If I could achieve this very difficult thing that I'd struggled with for so many years, what else could I be changing in my life?

Twenty minutes! Yaaaas!!!


             Not a very clear pic, but here I am, on Sat 3 March 2018. Day 55 of healthy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.