"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Sunday 17 February 2019

The Daily Music Show - Reflecting after Gig No. 3

This started out as a Facebook post, but I realised I had a lot to say, so I switched over to my blog.
Last night was my third consecutive night of singing at this interesting and increasingly-fascinating venue. You may be surprised to know that I have never done a run like this before, going to a venue night after night and singing - especially not my originals, which are usually wrapped in tissue paper and taken out for special occasions, like my annual concert with Wayne Bosch, or the odd event where originals are celebrated, such as house concerts or poetry events.
As I've returned to the space day after day, it's begun to seep into my consciousness, even my identity, as have the people there, each adding his/her special ingredient to what ends up being a fragrant and delicious pot of home-made Kaapse bredie. :-)
I've sung there for the past three nights, and each night has been distinctly different from the other. Onstage, I've worked with two bands, so the feeling of making music, of singing my originals, has been different. The instruments have been different, as have the people playing them. Add to that the audience composition, which changes every night, and you have the most interesting shift of dynamics. As a result, the energy and the kaleidoscope of emotions while I'm singing my songs, baring my soul, have been very different on each night.
Everything to an artist is energy. Your emotions threaten to override everything, but you learn to keep them in check, and carry on, regardless of the whirlpool inside.
On the first night, I forgot to take photos, but on the second night, I made sure we posed and captured the event for posterity. Last night, my third night there, a professional photographer (Jeffrey Abrahams) was there, snapping away, and we ended up having really good photos of last night's performance, as well as of the band posing together at the end of the gig. It was the last night in this run that I would be working with that band: Rudy Burns (guitar), Bernie Lawrence (bass guitar) and Errol Davids (sax). I loved working with them, and felt quite sad having to say goodbye. But it's up to us to create more opportunities to work together, right? These are memories to document and cherish. Thank you so much, Jeffrey! You are a true artist!
L-R: Bernie, Rudy, me and Errol (16/02/19 - Pic by Jeffrey Abrahams)
What's also interesting is seeing other people's photos and videos, after the event. The age of technology we live in fascinates me. Thanks to everyone for sharing their videos and pics on Facebook. The impact is greater than you may think.
I have four more nights (Mon 18 - Thurs 21) at this very special spot in our Mother City, and I plan to enjoy every one of them. I look forward to singing with Keith Tabisher (guitar), who's been my music partner for 16 years, as well as with Alistair Andrews (bass guitar) - he was my first guitar teacher at Jazz Workshop, many moons ago - and Randall Cyster (drums), with whom I sang decades ago. A very different sound and energy to the other band I worked with, but that's part of the exciting buzz of this place - The Daily Music Show.
I can't end this post without acknowledging Joey Fourie, who designed the concept and is finally seeing his dream come alive. Joey is the host of The Daily Music Show, and his whacky, think-out-of-the-box energy is a huge part of the vibe of this place. He's not afraid to try something different, shake things up, add a new element, even at short notice. If you can appreciate the possibilities that open up with that approach, you will love The Daily Music Show. Joey is a true entrepreneur, he loves Cape Town and all it has to offer, he's currently putting in the effort while the concept is going through its crawling stages, and he's got the tenacity and the endurance to see it through to its inevitable success. Joey deserves our support. He's breathing new life into the CBD, with this venture, and doing what we've been saying this city needs, in the humblest of ways. Yet, this is a concept that is destined for huge success.
L-R: Craig Berry, Joey, me, Kenny Alexander (resident artist), Keith and Alistair. (15/02/19)
I believe, with all my heart, that one day, in the not-too-distant future, tourists from all over the world will not want to leave Cape Town without having experienced The Daily Music Show.



2 comments:

  1. my name is Promise dickson Finch am from Texas USA. I want to share a testimony of how Dr. OLU herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr. OLU. herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than two weeks of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have weak erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. You can contact him via (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) You can contact him today and get your problem solved.Call +2348140654426 .." or you can also contact him through his what-app +238140654426







    my name is Promise dickson Finch am from Texas USA. I want to share a testimony of how Dr. OLU herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr. OLU. herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than two weeks of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have weak erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. You can contact him via (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) You can contact him today and get your problem solved.Call +2348140654426 .." or you can also contact him through his what-app +238140654426

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, am very happy to share this little awesome testimony about Dr olu a great herbal doctor who help me enlarge my penis size.3.2 cm to 8.3 cm longer with his herbal cream mixture, my girlfriend is now so amazed with the autonomous size of my penis , if you you are also in need of help on how to enlarge your penis to become bigger and stronger I adverse you to contact Dr on his email (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) ) you or contact on whatsapp number +2348140654426 because he is one of the best herbal doctor that i can only show you up to, if your penis is 4.2 cm and want to get it reach 9.2 cm within three weeks i Dr olu is also specialized on obey m breast and boobs enlargement i advise you to contact him for help    

















    Hello everyone, am very happy to share this little awesome testimony about Dr olu a great herbal doctor who help me enlarge my penis size.3.2 cm to 8.3 cm longer with his herbal cream mixture, my girlfriend is now so amazed with the autonomous size of my penis , if you you are also in need of help on how to enlarge your penis to become bigger and stronger I adverse you to contact Dr on his email (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) ) you or contact on whatsapp number +2348140654426 because he is one of the best herbal doctor that i can only show you up to, if your penis is 4.2 cm and want to get it reach 9.2 cm within three weeks i Dr olu is also specialized on obey m breast and boobs enlargement i advise you to contact him for help    

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to place a comment here.