"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Sunday 18 April 2010

Concert at the Cathedral, 16/04/10



Pictured: Wayne and I at St George's Cathedral on Fri. 16/04/10.
Also pictured: Bienvenue Mambote, who sang in his mother tongue, Lingala.
Photographer: William Rose

To everyone who participated in the concert, attended the concert, helped out in any way, sold tickets, inspired me along the way, inspired others along the way, juggled busy schedules to practise and to be there, I offer my heartfelt thanks.

I have to say this again: I watched a movie preview, recently, in which someone said: "Don't just hope for a miracle - make one happen."

I feel like I was part of a miracle, on Friday night. I am so impressed with everyone, and so full of joy and gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.