"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Thursday 27 January 2011

Funny thing


Picture: Wayne and I at Baran's Theatre Restaurant, on 6 Dec 2009, at a concert of my originals called "Music Inside of Me".

The funny thing about people's response to the song I put on the internet, a week ago, is that they all call it my "new" song. That makes me smile, because I wrote it 6 years ago, and I've been performing it live for all this time. In fact, for the past two years, working with Wayne, it's sounded pretty much like I sang it on the recording, except that, in the recording, the percussion moved (propelled) the song into the sound it was probably always meant to have.

Makes me wonder about all my other sambas and bossas - ooh, can't wait to record them with percussion too! Some of the titles are "Delighted", "I'm In A Bossanova Mood" and "My Favourite Time of Day". I also really like the lazy blues, and I have a few songs written in that style: "Joe", "Libido Blues", "Lucy" and "Purple". Interestingly enough, all of them have slighty humourous lyrics. That's just the way they came out - something about that groove that lends itself to humour.

Today I'm meeting a jazz radio presenter, and giving him a copy of the "new" song. Once it's been achieved, I'll write more. I'm VERY excited. (No!) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.