"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Thursday 31 May 2012

Music and English on offer_31 May 2012


Hi, everyone!

I’m once again spreading the word about the Music and English services I offer. I’m based in the southern suburbs of Cape Town and would appreciate it if you’d forward this to your networks when you have a few spare minutes.

GUITAR LESSONS

My focus is on “social guitar playing as a fun, stress-relieving activity”, and I work with Beginners and “rusty Intermediates”. All the chords, strumming styles and picking techniques are practised in exercises, then applied to well-known songs. Most of my students have progressed to reading music and playing little instrumental pieces. I teach from my home in Heathfield, except when it’s a bigger group: I teach a church group at their hall. If you are thinking of learning to play the guitar, remember the keywords are patience and practice. Minimum age, 10 - but no maximum age! J

Lesson Rates:

Private: R80 (30 mins)

Private: R120 (1 hour)

Semi-private (2 students): R60 pp (45 mins)

Group (3 or 4 students): R60 pp (1 hour)


LIVE JAZZ FOR EVENTS (SOLO OR DUO)

An experienced performer, I am available for live gigs at events, as well as at restaurants, hotels, etc. In either solo or duo format, I do laid-back vocal-guitar music, ideal for dinners or other events where tasteful, unobtrusive, live music simply enhances the overall experience.

FUNDRAISING PROPOSAL

I have a cost-effective, collaborative fundraising proposal for clubs and organisations, which entails my providing live music at a reduced rate at your event. Please contact me (details below) for a copy of the letter. Winter’s a good time for bringing people together with good food and music, so why not turn it into a fundraiser? You could even host it at your home and keep the gathering cosy.

LOOKING FOR A VENUE FOR A CONCERT (MUSIC & POETRY)

It’s time for me to put on my next concert, where I’ll feature guest artists and perform my original songs, continuing my journey towards the release of my first album. (My demo can be heard on Soundcloud: http://snd.sc/f7WfNt, or type in my name.) If you can recommend a nice venue, or would like me to do a concert as a fundraiser, please contact me.

ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS ON OFFER

With 25 years of teaching experience, I offer English tutoring to individuals or small groups, as well as English as a Foreign Language. I also do proofreading and editing, no matter how small the document.

Thank you for reading and forwarding this letter. Peace to you and your loved ones.

Trudy

Mobile: +27 83 491 3048 E-mail: guitartrudy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.