"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Monday 18 June 2012

Monday 18 June 2012

Good morning, world!

Somehow, beneath the icy weather and the layers of clothing - as colourful as possible, to keep the creative juices flowing and not to blend in with the drabness that constantly threatens to engulf me - I have stirrings of hope, like the plant I named a few months ago which was a collection of dried-out sticks, but has since flourished and is a full, bright, shiny, green delight to the senses. Hope. What would we do without it?

In the face of recent new challenges - some so extreme, I'm staggered that I seem to lack the resources to deal with them on a daily basis - I'm fighting to keep my optimism going. Struggling to keep hanging on to that belief that's fuelled me for so long, that I WILL achieve my dream life, namely, doing what I love, every day of my life, and earning a DECENT living from it.

I'm thankful for my health, for my family and for my friends. Also for my landlord! I'm thankful for the opportunities that continue to present themselves and I'm thankful that, when I have the presence of mind to remember the simple golden rules and stick to them, I continue to sow good seeds that do indeed sprout and eventually blossom.

I am thankful for every new day, because I believe that the struggles I've endured since being retrenched in 2010 are about to come to an end. There's a limit to how much hardship any one person should have to endure.

And now, on to the rest of my day. I must be one of the luckiest people around to be earning the money I do from one of my passions: Music. Now to meet the challenges that come with growing my little music school from "micro" to the next stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.