"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Monday 16 February 2015

Bringing back the magic

I used to live with a lot more magic than I’ve been doing, lately. I had a technique, my own version of visualisation, which I’d use whenever I really, REALLY wanted something to happen. And often it would work! In the beginning, I was surprised, but then I realised that I was starting to assimilate it into my normal thought processes, and that I was able to predict outcomes, because I’d begun to recognize the series of sensations that preceded a favorable outcome. An astrologer once told me that I had the power to make dreams come true, that I had a lot more psychic power at my disposal than I realised. I believe that most people are a lot more powerful than they believe, and that they generally use just a fraction of the power they possess. I think we’re actually afraid of that power. I’ve also been told I have a fear of success.

But that’s another story.

So here’s the technique: I focus on the outcome I want. Then I visualize one of my layers of skin being a layer of magnets, the exact kind of magnet needed to attract what I want. But this layer, although always there, needs me to mentally flip the ON switch, so that the magnets can start working, vibrating at the right frequency.  They vibrate for as long as it takes, until they’ve attracted the ‘desired outcome’, then they switch off naturally, until I flip the switch again.

I did it today, and it worked. It was very personal. I did it with regard to a seemingly impossible situation at work last week, and it worked. When I say nothing is impossible, this is what I’m talking about. A few years ago, I did it with an overseas trip to my dream country. I visualized my boss asking me if I had a passport and then saying he’d like me to go to Brazil – and it happened, exactly like that!

So now that I’ve reminded myself of how strong this energy can be (some call it the Law of Attraction), I’m going to consciously be bringing the magic back into my life.

I’m aware that there is probably a subversive application of this technique, as well, but I choose to do it with love energy. Never underestimate the power of a sincere, intense wish sent out into the universe.

Imagine the change we could bring about in the world if we collectively applied this technique? This is why I believe in the power of the collective. Even just hanging out with people who subscribe to this way of thinking feeds my soul and fills my tanks.

It’s all energy.


Exciting, hey? ;-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.