"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Tuesday 2 June 2015

100-day exercise challenge: Day 33

Day 33. I've just started the second month of my 100-day challenge, and it's certainly been differento what I'd planned. But, as I keep telling myself, the most importanthing is that I see the 100 days through, without quitting. 

After 14 consecutive days of dancing, I had to interrupt my exercise routine, because I'd caughthe flu. At first I danced even though I was sick, hoping it would pass, but I could feel myself getting weaker, as my condition worsened. People (on Facebook) cautioned me against exercising while sick, as it would strain my heart. I didn't wanto complicate my life, and I looked forward to continuing my programme after the flu, so I stopped. At first I stopped for jus three days, then danced for two, but felt so bad, that I had to give myself a good talking to. Sometimes I'm so keen to achieve a goal, that I getunnel vision. 

then stopped for ten days, while I took meds and gave my body a chance to rest and recover.  Getting back into the routine was not straight forward; I danced on Day 30, bunothe next day. Last night, however, I did my 18th dance workout - I've discovered it's called freestyle dancing -  and I felthat wonderful buzz of being back on track. 

It was a very cold day yesterday, and when it was time for me to dance (I dance at night), I had to fighthe urge to skip exercising and lie in a hot bath, instead. Brrrrrr! However, once I'd put on my exercise clothes, I started feeling that familiar excitement. Once  I heard the first few notes of the music, I was hooked. After the first song, I was quite warm, and after the second, I needed to remove my long-sleeved top. 

From then on - and this happens every time - I'm in the zone, as they say, and I just have fun. Dancing makes me smile, it makes me forget my stresses, and allows me to believe that anything's possible. 

I plan to stick to my 100-day challenge, as far as is humanly possible. Day 33 - only 67 to go.  And then? Can't see myself stopping after 100 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.