"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Monday 14 December 2009

So much to say

Life's moving so fast, it's like I'm skating on ice! A friend tried to explain to me, years ago, what it felt like to surf, to ride the waves, and something about the pace of my life in recent weeks reminds me of his explanation.

It's midnight, and I'm exhausted! The good news is that I now have the internet at home, which opens up all kinds of possibilities. Have just placed ads in three newspapers for my gig with Wayne at Food Lover's Mkt, Claremont, this Sat 19 Dec. It will be our last one there for the year. Not sure whether we'll be there next year or not.

I'll have to do this some other time, because I really do have a lot to say, but right now I am very tired!

Had a strange encounter with someone today. The best word I can use to describe the reaction I got from this person is "underwhelmed". I know, I know, it's not a real word, but it's such a good word! I went to check something out, and met with this underwhelmed reception. Ek verstaanie! Of course I could put two and two together and come up with all kinds of theories as to what all of that was about, but all I know is: that's a bad connection for me, and not one I care to nurture. Weird. I've heard people talk about the In Crowd in certain circles in Cape Town, and today I encountered that arrogance, that snobbishness, that whothehellareyou attitude. I experience it and I walk away from it, because I don't subscribe to that rubbish. It's like people who think they're automatically better than others because of their jobs, their houses or their cars. What amazes me particularly is people whose status is elevated by virtue of a spouse's accomplishments. Funny. Random categories by which people are evaluated. Someone said to me, a few months ago: "It would be a good option for ordinary people like you." The distinction being drawn was along economic lines. Crazy, I know! But that's another story!

Need to blog a lot more about this topic, but here's a tiny review: my concert on the 6th was so cool! There were about 76 people, and it went very well. There was, of course, the odd glitch from the band, but generally it went very well. I now have a CD full of professional photos, and I also have an audio recording of the show. Got the pics last Tuesday (Lavonne Bosman rocks!!!) and the audio stuff yesterday (Andre Manuel rocks!!!).

The band: Charles Lezar (double bass), Nick Geffen (drums), Wayne Bosch (guitar) and I(voice, guitar). Right now, struggling to upload a pic. Will try again sometime. Probably next post.

I have two and a half days left of work, and then it's a 2-week break. I am tired. Happy, excited, new restlessness starting: to complete my debut CD! Can't remember when last I've been this restless. As a young lady said to me the other day, mixing two sayings: "Patience is golden." I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.