"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Tuesday 28 September 2010

Changing templates


There's something I like about change - when you change one thing in your life, it opens up possibilities for other changes. You end up looking at your whole life differently, with fresh eyes, and it enables you to address areas of your life where you've been stuck for a while. That's what's happening to me at the moment. Yesterday was my first work day at home, and I ambled my way through it by tackling the laundry and playing my guitar. Later in the day, I found some sheet music I hadn't looked at for ages and transposed some of the songs, writing out the charts for our duo. I couldn't escape the fact, however, that underneath all the activity, I felt sad; I missed my colleagues, the students and the role I played there.

Today, to my relief, my energy was very different. I woke up feeling lighter in spirit, and that set the tone for the day. The sun shone gloriously and I did more laundry. My washing machine was fixed over the weekend, so life is a lot easier in that department. I had my daughter with me for the day, so we hung out and played games: our two-player versions of Cluedo and Thirty Seconds. Later, we fiddled around with some things on the internet, ending with changing the template for this blog.

I finally figured out how to check the stats (always fascinated me) of the viewership of my blog. Interesting - I can see where in the world the viewers are (countries), which search engines and keywords are used, as well as the breakdown as per today, this week, this month, the past year, as well as "all time". Cool!

I really do have a lot on my mind. When I'm a little less scattered, I'll blog about it.

One thing I know for sure, this IS an incredible time for me. Whatever lies ahead .....bring it on!

Picture taken last week, at home, by Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.