"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Thursday 2 September 2010

"...endings are beginnings..... beautiful things"


So goes the Randy Crawford song, "One Hello". I need to include it in my repertoire, now more than ever. Today was a life-altering day for me, and of course there's always more than one way to deal with these things - the perspective one chooses, colours everything that lies ahead, and so I choose to view this as a beautiful opportunity, 8 days before my 49th birthday, to reinvent myself.

And reinvent myself I will. I told a friend I was like that baby bird, just needing a nudge from its mother, so that it could finally fly out of the nest - the mother bird knows it all along and the baby bird has a suspicion it can, but until that actual moment, that point of no return, there's always some doubt in the fledgeling's mind - Can I really do this? Am I ready? What would happen if I failed?

For a long time, my Mind Power affirmation has been, "I'M LIVING THROUGH RADICAL, POSITIVE CHANGE". This is RADICAL, for sure, and I know that, as the days and weeks unfold and life peels back the layers of uncertainty and reveals to me what lies ahead, I will see just how POSITIVE this change is.

But, for right now, please allow me my time to go through the usual phases, in whatever order they may come: shock, denial, anger, bargaining, and then finally, acceptance.

Last night, just before I fell asleep, I had a strange feeling, a feeling of pending change of a major kind - a change I had been inviting into my life for a long time - so I posted this sentence on my Facebook status: I firmly BELIEVE the best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.