"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Friday 10 July 2015

100-day challenge: Day 71

Yesterday was Day 70, and I did Dance No. 37! I'll say it again - I'm super-proud of myself. After being unfit for so long, for me to stick to any form of exercise for 70 days is highly impressive. 

Anyway, true to form, I've already started thinking ahead - firstly, about how I'll mark Day 100 (8 August 2015), but also about how I'll handle the 2nd 100-day challenge (09/08/15 - 17/11/15). If I've learnt anything, in the course of this first 100-day period, it is that I AM a disciplined person, and thaI am more than capable of putting laziness aside and working in a goal-directed way towards a desired outcome. My thoughts, therefore, abouthe 2nd 100-day period, are about linking a second aspecto  the first - in other words, pairing two goals, and working towards them simultaneously. 

I have 29 days in which to decide whathat 2nd goal will be. I have an idea, but I'll let it marinate for a while.  

Of course, nothing stops me from tackling four or five goals athe same time, but you know what? In the past, that's what's made me lose interest - I've been unrealistic in my goal setting, which played a big role in my losing my motivation, forming negative beliefs about myself, and feeling like a failure. But, as I've said before, that's no longer who I am. 

I have learnt a lot about myself, in the past 70 days, and I intend to keep learning about myself, in order to be the best Me I can be, and in order to make a better contribution, wherever life may situate me in the world.   

I go back to work next Wednesday, which means life gets very busy and very pressurised, my free time becomes precious, and my sanity needs a lot of assistance. My part-time job starts up again the following week, so even less free time and even fewer opportunities to work towards different goals - can you see why pairing my goals works for me? 

So, my plan for the next 100-day period, which starts on 9 August (significantly, National Women's Day, in South Africa), is to pair my fitness goal with one other goal. 

Watch this space! 

Oh, by the way, I've started reading "Quiet", by Susan Cain, for the second time, and I'm gripped, just like I was the firstime. What an awesome book -  it speaks directly to me and liberates me, like very few books have been able to do. Books are a huge part of my goal setting and how I plomy course through life. You know how, when you find a pair of jeans you like, and you buy  a few pairs, because the fit is perfect? Well, I'm like that with books - when I find a book that hits me in the solar plexus, I have no problem re-reading it many times. 

Virgos!  

                      My neighour's mulberry tree, in June, aboutwo weeks ago. I love this tree

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.