"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Friday 3 July 2015

100-day exercise challenge: Day 64

Tonight I did my 34th dance workout, on Day 64 of 100, and I feel fantastic!

Dancing every second night has become a routine for me, and I’m happier than anyone could imagine, because I’m getting myself back, slowly but surely. I’ve probably been saying the same things in all my posts about my 100-day challenge, but what can I say, other than that it’s one of the best challenges I’ve ever set myself. 

In 1985, I set myself a challenge to give up red meat for a year. After that year, I never went back to eating red meat. I even gave up chicken for a good few years, until I had children, and cooking special meals became a hassle. Now I eat white meat, but prefer fish to chicken.  

But, I digress (yet again).

What do I like most about dancing? That wonderful feeling of freedom that comes from moving spontaneously to music. I like to feel the music inside me, so I wear earphones when I dance, allowing the music to bounce around in my head, without disturbing the household.

At the moment, this is my playlist:
Warm up:
Are you sure? -  Randy Crawford
Lilly – Pink Martini
Workout:
The Fez – Steely Dan
Corazon Espinado – Santana
Lady Marmalade – Shakira, etc
Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson, Bruno Mars
Play that funky music – James Brown
Slowing it down a bit:
Am I the same girl? – Swing Out Sister
Cool down/ Stretch / Breathe:
Some other time – Keith Jarrett

This last tune is one of my favourite pieces of music – it’s Keith Jarrett, with a drummer and a bassist (whose names I don’t know!). The sounds this bassist makes are so beautiful, they touch my soul. As I stretch and breathe to this tune, I let go of any remaining tension, and any negative thoughts, I free my mind and flood my being with gratitude, love, and peace. As I stretch and breathe, I become the best me I can be, and I feel a deep sense of conviction that all the joy, serenity and confidence I experience while I’m dancing are preparing me for whatever lies ahead. 

I sincerely believe that all the changes I'm inviting into my life are just a few heartbeats away.

Day 64 of 100 – who’d’ve thought I could keep it going for so long?

“Don’t believe me, just watch.”  :-) 

(By the way, my sense of drama is satisfied as I share the applause at the end of the live Jarrett piece, right at the end of my dance session.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.