"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Sunday 31 January 2016

Day Fourteen of the new school year

It’s hard to believe this is only the third week back. In some ways, it’s been typical of the beginning of the college year, but in other ways, completely different. What I can say, based on January alone, is that 2016 is going to be a year of CHANGE.

Tomorrow we say goodbye to a colleague who’s needed at a different campus. Not unusual in the TVET college sector. In the Fundamentals Dept, which comprises English First Additional Language, Maths Lit, and Life Orientation, lecturers are shifted around campuses, as needed. If you can’t meet your quota of classes at your base campus, you lecture across campuses. It seems strange when you’re new, but you get used to it.

But, back to the topic of this interesting new year. Sometime last year, I went back to a previous practice of writing my goals on posters and putting them up in my bedroom. I see them every day, can’t avoid them, and I’m forced to think about them and keep them in my conscious mind. I also keep an open mind about opportunities that come my way, and find myself doing whatever I can to move myself towards my goals. As this year progresses, I’ll be able to give you concrete examples, as I continue to manifest my dreams.

Actually, here’s one: on Sunday, I made a poster that spoke about a goal as though I’d already achieved it – a Mind Power technique. It said, “Getting a car was easier than I thought! I am so happy with my new wheels!! I love new beginnings!!!”. Two nights ago, I put a post on Facebook, asking people to help me with my car dilemma. A Fb friend put me in touch with someone, and today I almost bought a car. Everything happened so fast, that I started feeling really stressed! In the end, I asked for a little more time, because the car I seemed to be about to buy wasn’t the car I‘d really wanted – it was a car the salesman seemed a bit too keen to persuade me to buy.  

But, in the process, I learnt a whole lot – especially about how little I knew about buying a car, as well as the importance of having a knowledgeable person with you. Came home, and did what the screenagers do  - I went online, to the site of the reputable company the gentleman above worked for, and actually found what I wanted.


31/01/16 – Not completing above post, but just want to add that I should conclude the deal in the week ahead, i.e. the first week of February 2016. I am VERY excited (and ever so slightly freaked out!). Wish me luck! 


Hello, 2016!   

1 comment:

  1. Is it possible to post some of your music on your blog? I don't do Facebook so if you have all of your music on there I would not be able to listen to it. I am an avid collector and would love adding your stuff to my extensive collection.

    Stan @ Jim ONeal Ford

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to place a comment here.