"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Tuesday 26 June 2018

It's as complicated as you make it

Something that many people ask for, when they start out on the Sleekgeek 30-Day Reboot eating plan, is a meal plan. (The Sleekgeek team are happy to supply you with one. Just ask.) Personally, I love the freedom to check out the Allowed and Allowed-in-moderation lists and come up with my own interesting and tasty combinations. I think it's because I'm easily bored, and yes, ''creative''.

I can assure you that ALL my friends and family reading this are thinking, "But wait.... aren't you the one who hates cooking?!" Guess what - not anymore!

So, one of the things I do every evening is prepare the next day's lunch and snacks. I eat what's allowed (with a few minor exceptions*), and I have fun - I love different textures and colours, and even temperatures.

I make sure my lunch has protein, then I add salad, and occasionally a hot veg. For my morning snack, I have nuts (protein = brain food) and when money's too tight for nuts, I must admit, I snack on Salticrax*. Plain, and not the whole box, asseblief!

My afternoon snack, which I usually eat in the car on my way home, is sliced fruit.

By the time I get to work, I look like I'm about to give  a Tupperware demonstration.

So, here's my stuff for tomorrow:


Top left - salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber and yellow pepper). Top right - sliced apples and oranges.
Bottom left - oven roasted sweet potato chips. Bottom right - Yumscious Chicken!

Tonight I did a small variation on a theme, to produce my Yumscious Chicken:
1. I melted coconut oil in a pan. (We cook with coconut oil most of the time.)
2. I made a smoortjie with garlic, red pepper and tomato. Seasoned with salt.
3. I set the smoortjie aside, leaving a bit in the pan.
4. I sliced two chicken breasts (enough for two meals) into little strips, and seasoned them with salt, pepper and a dash of sweet chili sauce.*
5. I  added more coconut oil to the pan, turned the heat up, and tossed the chicken in.
6. When the chicken looked nice and happy, I put the smoortjie back in the pan, and added some chopped fresh dhanya and a little bit of coconut milk. Voila! Yumscious Chicken!   

Remember I said one of my 6 rules was to enjoy every day of my life? Well, can you see why?
It's as complicated as you make it. I really can't wait to eat my lekker lunch and snacks tomorrow.

(Oh my word, I feel like a food blogger!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.