"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Saturday 30 June 2018

Today's my original goal-weight date

After I started the Sleekgeek Reboot programme on 8 Jan this year, and saw the rate at which I was losing weight, I set two goals:  to lose 10kg by the Jazz Festival (CTIJF), and to lose a total of 15,7kg by 30 June 2018 - TODAY!!

The good news is that I exceeded the interim goal by a little bit, which blew my mind! I'd lost 10,2kg in under three months, and I was convinced I'd have no problem losing the remaining 5,5kg within the next three months.

So, here we are, it's 30 June, and I am 3,7kg from my goal weight. And how do I feel? I feel just fine! My weight loss has slowed down, and I'm simply continuing, because this is my new normal, and not a temporary thing. So at this stage, I'm continuing with my programme and won't be too hooked on the date. All I know is, I WILL achieve my goal weight, just on a different date. :-) 

The really cool thing is that this journey was originally about tackling one area of my life in which I felt stuck, in order to start liberating myself in other areas. How's that going? Really well. Am I learning principles and techniques that would serve me well in other challenges I'll be tackling? Indeed!

What is the biggest lesson about NOT having reached my goal weight by the goal date? It is that  some of the trimmings we attach to goals are not nearly as significant as the many other wonderful lessons we learn along the way and the longer-term, more lasting changes we undergo when we take a leap of faith and choose to break patterns that no longer serve us.

Will I reach my goal weight by the end of July? August? Before my birthday, in September? I don't know.

What I do know is that, for as long as I am able to choose my thoughts, I will wake up every day, uttering this affirmation: "It's a new day, and I commit to healthy choices - just for today."

                                       Healthy food choices for my day at work - June 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.