"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Thursday 10 September 2009

48 today!


Today's my birthday, and I'm 48! It's been a wonderful day, starting with my kids giving me scented candles in glass holders (for those long, lazy baths!) and my Significant Other taking a run down to my place (4km?) to say hi and give me a gift.

At school, my colleagues have fussed over me all day, giving me cards, flowers, a fantastic Brazilian CD from Waseefa (Samba Bossa Nova) and a wonderful book from Jacques(In The Land Of Invisible Women, by Qanta A. Ahmed, MD). I was also given a HUGE chocolate cake for my family and a sweet little cupcake for moi. To top it all, my boss (bless his dear soul!) said I could go home early!!! And so, with one or two more tasks to complete, I bid adieu!

I'm off to have a very happy birthday! The sun's shining brilliantly, my cellphone's Inbox is filled with beautiful wishes, and I feel absolutely loved and appreciated.

The pic attached was taken a few minutes ago by my colleague, Anthea.

Thanks to all my friends and family who called, sent sms's and e-mails, and for the hugs and kisses and wishes today.

My gift to myself today - ENJOY being the birthday girl!!!!

3 comments:

  1. a *very* belated birthday wish from me my friend. all i can say is that the last month has passed by in a woosh! landed back in jhb last night and am slowly starting to catch up on what's been happening with everyone else. sounds like you too are having quite a time.
    am just realizing, if you're 48, we've known each other 32 years! how is that possible?! :)
    lots of love.
    ~s~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there and a very belated Happy Birthday to you. May the rest of your days be filled with strength, peace, grace and, mostly, with love. b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, guys! I just saw these comments this past week for the first time! Thank you. Hope you're both well.

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to place a comment here.