"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Monday 7 September 2009

E-mail: Rushin & Bosch duo gig


Hi!

This Saturday, the fabulous WAYNE BOSCH and I team up once again to entertain you for three hours, upstairs at The Food Lover's Market, in Claremont (cnr Vineyard & Dreyer Streets).

From 7 to 10pm, we play music to make you smile , doing evergreens from the jazz and swing genres, with lots of lovely bossanovas, as well as a selection of originals. Wayne is my guitar teacher at Jazz Workshop, and the synergy we've developed in class translates into great energy on the bandstand. He is both skillful and sensitive as a guitarist and accompanist, which is any vocalist's dream! Having had constructive input into some of my original compositions, he has a working knowledge of my songs, and his interpretation is always spot-on.

The Food Lover's Market boasts an amazing Saturday menu special, to beat those recession blues: a 3-course meal + glass of wine, for only R95!
PLUS......No cover charge for the live music means you score again!

Give it a try this weekend - you might just join the growing number of Saturday night regulars! Thanks again to family and friends who came to listen last Saturday. Also really nice to meet new music lovers, out to have fun.

* Check out my blog: http://alwaysrushin.blogspot.com

* PLEASE PASS THIS E-MAIL ALONG TO (AT LEAST) TWO PEOPLE, TO HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Every day of my life, I'll give myself a gift that money can't buy. Trudy Rushin

Peace
Trudy

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.