"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Thursday 21 January 2010

Baby Steps



Last Saturday I did the Food Lover's Mkt gig with Keith again, this time with vocalist Vincent Nel as my guest artist. This coming Saturday I'll be there, as usual - it's Thursday and I honestly don't know who my guitarist will be. And I'm not worried. Everything will work out just the way it's supposed to. Of that I'm sure.

Had my guitar lesson with Wayne yesterday, and I felt, once again, that I'd turned a corner, moved past a previous barrier. I love playing my guitar, and I want to keep learning, practising, playing, until I die. Worked on "Waltz For Debby", by Bill Evans, as well as "Softly, As In A Morning Sunrise" (Romberg). Wayne's an excellent teacher; I've been with him for 17 months, now, and it's been quite a journey.

Last night, after taking a longer break than planned, I went for a walk/run, doing mostly walking for the 3km, because my ankle started feeling tingly and I didn't want to hurt myself again. Felt so good to be out on the road again. Another journey, in its early stages, I'm committed to and am already starting to enjoy. There was a time in my life when I was miserable when I hadn't run for two days, and I can see myself reaching that point again. Baby steps. I've made a decision: I'm training for myself, to gradually build up my fitness; the half marathon is what my partner's training for. If I'm able to give it a bash, with a sensible strategy for the day (Two Oceans), I'll do it. If not, the fact that I'd have moved from years of laziness to some form of fitness would be an achievement in itself. I could do a few 5km runs this year, possibly even 10km, and consider the 21km for 2011, the year I turn 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.