"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Monday 12 December 2011

Day 1 of December school holidays / Phantom

"The times they are a-changing" indeed, as both my children are busy today, leaving me with an unexpected day to myself. Yup, momma's at the internet cafe, doing her online thang. Oh, well. This gorgeous weather reminds me I have some other domestic stuff to attend to, so I'd better keep this short.

Last night I experienced one of the - if not THE - most spectacular stage shows I've ever seen: Phantom of the Opera, at Artscape, in Cape Town's city centre. I was treated by my mom, and I loved it SO much, I want to go and see it again. Everything was fantastic - the costumes, the sets, and particularly the voices of the lead singers. Interesting to me that the female lead had an operatic voice, but the male lead had a rock voice. Both of them were stunning! I don't have the programme with me now, but when I do, I'll do a full article. The orchestra transported me to worlds far away from my seat in the opera house, and I felt my skin tingling, my hair standing on end many times during the show, as the chords and bass lines altered below the melody lines, adding elements of subversion and danger to the atmosphere. What a clever score! SO BEAUTIFUL! One of the highlights was the song, "Music of the night" by the phantom.

BUT, more at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.