"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Friday 9 December 2011

First-ever tv appearance/Closure/Swimeditate

So who said that you couldn't experience really cool FIRSTS at my age? Today I sang one of my original songs, "Joe", live on Cape Town Television, known as CTV. It was just after 11am, and it was part of the live recording of "The Taxi", an online radio station, which has been live on CTV for the past week, from 10h00 - 12h00 daily.

I was nervous, of course, and have NO idea how it sounded or how I came across, but what the hell, it was cool, and just another piece of the puzzle, another page in the autobiography, another piece of the mosaic...... and other such metaphors.

Today was not only a day of new experiences, but also a day of closure, as my daughter took her leave of primary school. I attended the Final Assembly, bawled my eyes out, and then enjoyed the pleasant breakfast under the trees we were all treated to. Perfect weather made the entire experience very satisfying.

And so ends seven years of Bergvliet Primary School for my daughter, but 10 years for us as a family, as my son had been there as well. Next year we'll have both children at the same high school, and that should make life easier, especially w.r.t. transport.

Sitting in the cool (temperature) internet cafe. Have to take my mom to the shops. Later tonight, a treat for myself, by myself: a much-longed-for swim at the gym. Friday nights are the best time to go to gym, especially to swim, because you're one of the few people there, and you could easily get the pool to yourself. Ok, it does mean you get to swim with a whole day's germs, etc, but there are some things you just have to deal with, on the road to empowering yourself physically, spiritually and intellectually, which is what I achieve when I swimeditate (my own word for meditating while swimming).

Tomorrow night I do a house party with Wayne Bosch, which I'm really looking forward to. I get to sing and play my guitar for a whole night, I get to interact with really cool people, and I get to make music with one of our country's finest guitarists.

Why would I need to complain, when life sends opportunities like these my way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.