"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Wednesday 11 January 2017

Awareness

I recently started watching motivational speeches on Youtube, and have started applying some of the words of wisdom and practical advice to my life.

Tony Robbins, the popular American motivational speaker/life coach, says that there are two kinds of pain, and we have to choose one: discipline, and regret. This made me think.

Terry Crews, American actor and former American football player, says you have to change your relationship with the word discipline, and stop seeing it as punishment. He says that once you  start to view discipline as training, and as the key to your success, you will have a different relationship with the word.

His 5 keys to self-discipline are:
1. Remove temptation
2. Eat regularly and healthily
3. Don't wait for it to feel right (Don't go by how it feels, but by what it does)
4. Schedule breaks, rewards and treats for yourself
5. Forgive yourself and move forward (For those of us who abandon the goal when we hit that first failure)

Elizabeth Gilbert, author, says, especially to people who are struggling to find their passion:
''Follow your curiosity, and it will lead you to your passion.''

Someone told me this week that I was very lucky to know what I was passionate about, and to be actively involved in it.

Tony Robbins has really made an impression on me. He says, "Never leave the site of setting goals without achieving something towards your goal."

He gives advice on how to reach your goals (or make progress in life):
1. Have a vision that's compelling (you must feel excited when you think about it)
2. Have strong enough reasons to follow through when you hit challenges
3. Review your vision and feel it every day

He says that change is inevitable, but progress is not. He also says that lasting change is different to a goal, so you should always focus on RAISING YOUR STANDARDS.

Something else he says that inspires me is, "We live who we believe we are". He says these beliefs start when we're young, and they can limit us. If we want to live different lives, we have to retrain ourselves.

And here's the last one from Tony Robbins I want to share with you, and it may be an exercise you'd like to put yourself through:

1. Select an area of your life you'd like to change. Write down where you are now in that area of your life. Be honest, no matter how painful it may be.

2. Write down the rituals that brought you to this state - little things, routines, habits, patterns, repeated over many years.

3. What do you want, in that area of your life? What is your vision?

4. What are the rituals that will get you to your vision?

He says New Year's resolutions are easily forgotten, but RITUALS can last a lifetime.

So, which rituals will you be adding to your lifestyle?

I'm very excited about this new awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.