"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Sunday 28 March 2010

Wildness


Another phenomenal picture taken by wave photographer, Clark Little.

There's a wildness in me that can't be contained, and I'm slowly coming to terms with that. I've been aware of aspects of it since my twenties. It's what I often call "restlessness" - it seems to appear in cycles - but I know it's much, much more. The real dilemma dwells way below the surface. I imagine many people, if not all, are like this? I fit into the roles I am forced to play, I earn a living and provide for my family. I struggle through survival issues like many other single parents, and I dream of an easier life. Maybe it's a musician thing, maybe that so-called "artistic personality" that so many people hide behind, that blanket excuse for all kinds of craziness. I crave alone time, and when that's quenched, I crave connection, and when that's sated, I crave solitude again. I allege that I want a certain set of circumstances, but then the wildness surfaces, and I wonder which voice I'm allowing to be heard: the real me, or the socially constructed, oh-so-appropriate me?

And when I reach the end of this life, will I really be able to say that I've lived my truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.