"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Tuesday 24 July 2018

Extreme balance

WHY AM I STILL UP?????

I've just finished some office work, it's almost midnight, I've had to skip two of my plans for the night (restringing my guitar and doing a dance workout - :-( ), but I really wanted to write, so here goes. I know..... I'm setting myself up to feel like a dead duck tomorrow morning.

People are really strange - just when I think I've figured someone out, they do something that shows a completely different side. And here, you may be surprised to know, I include myself. I regard myself as someone who craves routine, likes stability, dependability, predictability...... but that's not who I am all of the time. I actually have a side that hates all of those things, and prefers more of a ''let's-see-what's-behind-Door-No.-Next'' approach to life. Truth!

Ooh, I can feel my eyes drooping, so I won't write for long. I just wanted to say that life is for the living, and however you choose to do it, be true to yourself, keep an open mind, allow yourself to play sometimes, and harm no-one.

I've struggled for most of my adult life to find that balance between work and play, and now, at age 56, I feel like maybe I've misunderstood the concept of balance - maybe I'm going to find my version of balance by swinging between the routine-loving and the chaos-seeking me.  Ja, that's it - I do live a balanced life; I just attain it by regularly swinging from one extreme to the other. :-)

Happy to be alive, right now. How about you?


                                                    Sat 21 July 2018, after my Sabria's gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.