"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Monday 26 October 2009

Revised gig e-mail for this week

Hi

Yes! Yes! Yes! After 4 months of one weekly gig, I have added a second one!

Please spread the word!

Gig 1
Date: Sat 31/10
Time: 7 - 10pm
Venue: The Food Lover's Mkt Restaurant & Sushi Bar (upstairs)
Address: Corner Vineyard & Dreyer Streets, Claremont
Band: TRUDY RUSHIN (voice, guitar) & WAYNE BOSCH (guitar)
Music: Laid-back jazz, swing, pop and originals
Menu: General menu OR Saturday night special: 3-course meal + glass of wine, only R95
Cover charge: None


Gig 2
Date: Sun 01/11
Time: 6 - 9pm
Venue: Baran's Theatre Restaurant (upstairs)
Address: Corner Burg & Shortmarket Streets, Greenmarket Square, Cape Town
Band: TRUDY RUSHIN & Guest Guitarist (as part of "Spirit of Cape Town" Concert Series)
Music: Laid-back jazz, swing, pop, African and originals
Menu: Special "Spirit of Cape Town" menu: Main course (lamb/chicken/vegetarian), only R50
Cover charge: R30
Bookings: 021-426 4466

Baran's Theatre Restaurant launches its "Spirit of Cape Town" Concert Series this Sunday, 1st November, with its resident duo, headed by singer-songwriter, TRUDY RUSHIN, a born and bred Capetonian, to celebrate its re-opening after recent upgrades to both the restaurant and Greenmarket Square.
Over the coming weeks, Trudy will be showcasing talented Capetonians at this delightful venue: musicians, dancers, poets, etc.
Baran has come up with a delicious main course, at a very special price, to accompany the live entertainment, in keeping with the true spirit of the Mother City.

Please pass this e-mail on along your networks.

If you would like to find out more about being a guest in the "Spirit of Cape Town" Series, or you would like to recommend someone, please e-mail me at rushintrudy@yahoo.com or call me at 083 491 3048.

I will be keeping my blog updated, as well: http://alwaysrushin.blogspot.com

On Sun. 6 December, I'll be doing a concert of my original music at Baran's Theatre Restaurant, with a very special band. More info to follow.

“We have, at our fingertips, an infinite capacity to light a spark of possibility.”

From “The Art Of Possibility”, by Rosamund Stone Zander and Benjamin Zander

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.