"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Thursday 8 October 2009

Trudy & Wayne gig, Sat. 10th October, 7pm


This was the e-mail I sent out to my network, advertising my gig for this coming Saturday. If you'd like to get onto my constantly-expanding mailing list, e-mail me at rushintrudy@yahoo.com.


Hi!

NEWSFLASH!!!!
TUNE IN TO HEART RADIO 104.9FM ON WED. 7 OCT. AT 11h30, FOR MY LIVE INTERVIEW WITH RAFIEK MAMMON.

Here's this week's update of my gig with guitarist, WAYNE BOSCH, at THE FOOD LOVER'S MARKET, CLAREMONT.

We'll be back there this Saturday, 10th October, from 7 - 10pm, doing our usual gig, three sets of live guitar and vocal arrangements of jazz, swing, Brazilian, pop and originals. There's no cover charge for the live music. There is, however, a great Saturday special, a 3-course meal + a glass of wine, for only R95. What's really nice about this is that there are a few yummy options within each course, so you're not stuck with dishes that you don't actually like.

Warning - the servings are huge, so pace yourself!

Ok, let me tell you about last Saturday: Rafiek Mammon, editor of The Next 48 Hours, came to review the restaurant and the music. He also works with The Cape Times, so the review will appear there one day this week. It will also be published in The Next 48 Hours at some stage. So, check out The Cape Times this week, for Rafiek's review.

The gig went very well; we set up in a different spot in the restaurant, which added some novelty. But even more exciting was the fact that we were serenaded by Cape Town's very own Stevie Wonder, Gary Naidoo, who appeared as our guest artist for the night. What a treat! Every couple of weeks, we'll be inviting someone to do a guest spot.

On a more personal note, it was heart-warming to see five tables of my friends spending the evening there. What can I say? Thanks to everyone for responding to my e-mails by either pitching up or forwarding them to your friends.

There's something about this quotation, attributed to the controversial Marilyn Monroe, that I both like and dislike:
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it."

Live your truth!

Trudy

http://alwaysrushin.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.