"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Wednesday 21 October 2009

This week's gig e-mail (for Sat. 24/10/09)



Picture: Janice De Lilly (accompanied by Wayne Bosch)

Hi!

Please pass this e-mail on to friends who enjoy live music. (Thanks!)

This Saturday, 24th October, I have the pleasure of performing with guitar legend, Alvin Dyers, with whom I’ve had a long association. Alvin was my guitar teacher in the early 1990’s, and again in 2008, at Jazz Workshop Music School. He also played on my first demo CD (At Last!) in 1997, and was the guitarist in the band that I performed with at the Jazzathon at the Waterfront in January 1998. He’s so cool to work with!

Gig details:

Date: Saturday 24th October

Time: 7-10pm

Band: Trudy Rushin (voice, guitar) and Alvin Dyers (guitar)

Venue: The Food Lover’s Market (restaurant and sushi bar)

Address: Corner Vineyard and Dreyer Streets, Claremont (opposite MacDonald’s)

Parking: Either on the street (tip the parking attendants) or inside Cavendish Square (pay per hour)

Type of music: Laid-back jazz, swing, Brazilian, pop and originals
(basically: toe-tapping, stress-busting, smile-inducing)

Cover charge: None

Menu special: 3-course meal + glass of wine, only R95
(huge helpings and utterly divine!)

Guest spot:
This week, we’ll have a special guest appearance by Janice De Lilly, a talented young singer-guitarist who performed with us a few weeks ago. Her voice has a soulfulness that will take your breath away. Fairly new to the world of gigs, she certainly has a bright future ahead as a performer.

Last week, we had “MJ” (Martin John Abrahams), another gifted young singer-songwriter, who blew us away with his renditions of “Sunday Morning” and “More Than Words”, amongst others. From a gospel background, his voice is shown off beautifully when he does rock, blues and folk/pop songs.

Couldn’t resist this quotation, by one of my all-time Superwomen:
Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong.
Ella Fitzgerald

There’s something new and exciting that I’ll be involved in, as from November. I’ll keep you posted via e-mail, but will also be updating my blog. You’ll find my random Rushin ramblings at http://alwaysrushin.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.