"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Friday 30 July 2021

Lockdown Day 491

Today, I'm grateful for the people in my life who respect me enough to listen to what I have to say, even when it differs from their views - as hard as it may be - and are invested in a peaceful solution, rather than in playing the blame game. 

Today, I'm grateful for people who know me well enough not to ascribe nefarious intentions where there are none. 

Today, I'm grateful to the people in my life who understand that life is not a competition and that if there's a misunderstanding, the mature thing to do is to engage as adults, and not to humiliate someone into doing what you think is the only possible solution.

Today, I'm grateful for people in my life who don't expect me to be their version of who I should be, but who are open to engaging with the me I actually am.

Peace  

                                                  Guavas from our tree, this winter. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.