"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Tuesday 20 July 2021

Positive Outcomes / Lockdown Day 481

 One of the items in my daily habit tracker is "Meditate". On a good day, I do a guided meditation first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I started meditating last year, during lockdown, when I discovered a whole universe of guided meditations on YouTube.

I always used to think that, to meditate, you had to sit absolutely still, in silence, for at least an hour, which I couldn't really see myself doing. But with the YouTube meditations I do, I select ones that last 10 - 15 minutes. Seriously, that's enough for me, at this stage. 

This morning, I did a meditation on "Positive Outcomes", which was exactly what I needed. If you think about it, whenever we achieve a goal -  or even just move slightly closer to one - what usually precedes it is a positive thought, or a shift in attitude. In fact, the more that life throws my way and the more challenges I work through, the more I realise that one's attitude really does determine one's altitude (to use an over-used phrase). 

Doing a morning meditation sets the tone for my day. It gives me a perspective that I apply to whatever comes my way. 

Here are a few affirmations that came up in this morning's meditation:  

🌱 "I am willing to align my perception with that of positive outcomes."

🌱"I recognise that the choice is mine. I choose to see positive outcomes."

🌱 "Even when I'm not sure what they are, I trust in the vague sense that only positive outcomes are  possible."

🌱 "Only positive outcomes are real." 

🌱 "I am where I'm meant to be."

🌱 "I believe in positive outcomes."

**************************************************** 

Today, someone very special to me received disappointing news. I spent a lot of energy worrying about her - worrying how she was doing, worrying how the news had impacted on her day and how she'd move forward. Because I had done this meditation, I actually believed that the situation was exactly what it should be, and felt that, in time, this would become clear to all involved. To my delight, she spent some time processing the news and arrived at the same conclusion - that it was a blessing in disguise.  

*************************************************** 

Here's the link to the meditation: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBjXj7AwouY&ab_channel=GreatMeditation 

Peace 🐦

                                                      I found this image online. I really like it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.