"If there's music inside of you, you've got to let it out." (From my song, Music Inside of Me)

Hi! I'm Trudy Rushin, and this is my blog, created in June 2009. I am a singer-songwriter-composer who plays guitar. Born and bred in Cape Town, South Africa, I blog about whatever captures my imagination or moves me. Sometimes I even come up with what I like to call 'the Rushin Solution'. Enjoy my random rantings. Comment, if you like,
or find me on Facebook: Trudy Rushin, Singer-Songwriter.

I also do gigs - solo, duo or trio - so if you're looking for vocal-guitar jazz music to add a sprinkle of magic to your event, send me an e-mail to guitartrudy@gmail.com.

To listen to me singing one or two of my original songs, type my name on www.soundcloud.com or www.youtube.com


















Saturday 24 July 2021

My July exercise stats / Lockdown Day 485

One of my goals is to exercise ten times a month. To people who go running once a day, that must sound pathetic, and to people who go to gym twice a day (yes.....), even more so.  

Anyway, this is about me. 

My year started off okay, with 9 in January. Then in Feb, it dropped to 5! I'd have to check my diary to see what was happening, but it could only have been a health issue, because the weather was divine and I loved working out with my trainer and jogging around the field. 

March and April were great, because I managed 10 in each of those. In May, I managed 9 and in June, only 8. I have to smile because I'm looking at the place in my journal where I record my monthly stats, and I see I pencilled in 10 at the start of July. :-) Today's the 24th and I've managed only ONE! 

What's been happening this month? Definitely health stuff. My daughter tested positive for Covid towards the end of June and we went into isolation for a while. Then I had to be tested and while waiting for the results, I didn't go out. Then I got sick, and decided to stay home.  I didn't get better and my doctor sent me for another Covid test. Both recent tests were negative. And that's what's been happening in July. 

Yes, I'm frustrated and annoyed that I've exercised only once so far in July, but life happens. Yes, it will affect my year's stats, but that is not a catastrophe. We're living through a pandemic - that's a catastrophe. 

It's been WAAAAAY too cold recently (our  coldest winter in ten years) for me to even miss going to the field, so when I do resume my exercising, I will do my workouts at home - a dance session, followed by a yoga cooldown. Yes! 

I've changed. Before, I would've been very down on myself, blaming myself for being a failure, etc. But life's too short for that. I've had almost a month of dealing with health issues in our household, it kept me from exercising and, as soon as I can, I'll resume.  

I look forward to steadily getting back to my exercise routine. I feel much better about every other part of my life when I exercise regularly. 

Something else that makes me feel okay about this month, despite the lack of exercise, is that I've continued to achieve other goals. It's important to me to have different projects and goals running concurrently. I've always been like this. 

                                                The field where I exercise. June 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to place a comment here.